Monday, December 1, 2014

Psch 200 Blog reflection Week 9 2014



The programmed cell death theory I would have never thought of this one.   Apparently four scientists did and as recent as only 2007 (p 520). This research and the dementia research really interested me. I would love to dig into this more on a personal level. Reason being is from experience with my mother having severe dementia at her death this year. For this reason for years I have found any information about hereditary DNA, free radicals and any organic measures associated with the brain highly fascinating. There was also information on free radicals and research which I thought “cool”, this stuff is prominent enough to put into a college text book. I had always heard that this “idea” of purging our bodies of free radicals was not scientifically proven. This is one of the issues I have with western medicine. The hardcore all or nothing western medicine or the beautiful balance between holistic what we know works, and western medicine. I appreciate the dance between the two medical communities.
With so many theories available to us during this time in our lives we have so much is offered. The research and continued experiments with the human brain throughout our lifespan is something we can and should all give high regard to. We should not take any of what we have learned for granted, but cherish it as a treasure of memories from which we can pull as we pursue our life dreams. Really great information this week! Loved it.

Tami ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment